The Wisconsin State Fire Inspectors Association is currently seeking to fill the office of Parliamentarian. (The position description for this position can be found below.)
If you are interested in the any of the positions listed below, please submit the following to Assttraining@wsfia.org no later than September 15, 2018.
- A summary of your qualifications for this position.
- A letter of interest explaining the subsequent points:
- Why did you apply for this position?
- How would the association benefit from you being appointed to this position?
- What kind of goals, related to this position, would you have in mind if you were selected?
- If selected for this position, can you describe your strategy for the first 120 days?
If you have any questions please feel free to speak to your area chairperson, or any of the Executive Board members.
Position Description for the office of Parliamentarian.
The Parliamentarian shall be a regular member in good standing appointed to an indeterminate term by the President and confirmed by the Board of Directors.
The Parliamentarian shall:
(a) Be a voting member of the Board of Directors.
(b) Have a working knowledge of the Association’s By-Laws.
(c) Have a working knowledge of the SOG’s.
(d) Become familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order (most current printed edition).
(e) Be present at Board meetings, General Business Meetings, or as directed by the President.